Apply to
Chinese Universities
After Applying

Admission Notice delivery time

>> If you apply for a degree program, you will receive your admission package in 5-8 weeks.

>> If you apply for a long-term non-degree program (over six months), you will recieve the package in 3-4 weeks

>> If you apply for a short-term non-degree program (less than six months), the school may NOT send the package to you. You don't need offical documents from the university to apply your Tourist Visa (L Visa) or Business Visa (F Visa).

How to track your application progress

It normally takes 4 to 8 weeks for a university's  admissions office to process an application and prepare the admission package with the documents you will need to apply for a Chinese visa. If you have not received a reply for more than 4 weeks, you can send an e-mail to to solve the problem. Please include your application ID in the e-mail.

Applicants can login to their personal account (My CUCAS -> Completed Application) to check the progress of their application. The "Application Status" will be updated as soon as the admissions office makes the decision, and the CUCAS system will send a confirmation e-mail to your registered e-mail address. Once the decision is made by the university, it will take several business days (5-15 days) to send your Admission Letter and JW202 form. Both these documents are needed to apply for a student visa.

Conditional offers

Conditional offers are sometimes available for these types of applicants.
1. Applicants who have not yet received their graduate certificate and transcript
If you are graduating soon but have not received your graduate certificate and final academic transcript, your application might be considered according to your educational background. Some universities will give you a conditional offer if you are qualified and some universities will make the decision when your final grades and graduate certificates are available. Normally, the requirements must be fulfilled prior to enrolling in the program.

2. Applicants who do not meet the HSK requirement
Applicants for degree programs taught in Chinese must pass the HSK (Chinese Proficiency Test) to prove their Chinese level is sufficient to attend classes. For students who do not meet this requirement, some universities offer a conditional place on to the degree program if the applicant successfully completes a one-semester or one-year Chinese language program and passes the relevant exams.

How to deal with declined applications?

CUCAS will help international students if their applications are declined.

Most students who apply through CUCAS are accepted. However, please note that in accordance with national security policy, Chinese universities have quotas on the number of students from certain countries who can be admitted. If your application is declined by your first choice university, CUCAS will recommend other universities which still have availability.

If an application is declined, the university will provide a letter explaining why on request.

In addition, the applicant will receive an e-mail notice from CUCAS if his/her application cannot be accepted by the university. Meanwhile, the applicant will get free advice regarding availability at other universities.

Online Consulting-

Leave a message and reply you soon!

Leave Message & Will Reply Soon